Monday, November 1, 2010

Class trip..day 1

Today we finally get to meet with the students from the boys and girls club, and start working on their digital narratives. I must say I am very excited to meet who I will be working with, but a little nervous as to the consultation aspect because I do not consider myself very adept at making these stories. At the same time I feel confident that I can help in the brainstorming and "pre-writing" aspect of the project and can always get help with the technological side if need be. My most important objective today is to begin to form a relationship so that my student feels open to working with me and does not feel any sort of anxiety or hesitancy about his/her ideas. I plan to let him/her explain to me the project and their interpretation of what is important/interesting and how they play to go about its completion. Obviously the specifics of what we do will depend on the stage of the project that they are in, but no matter where they are I plan to show them a few of the videos from our class project and also describe a little bit of what I was thinking/went through while I was doing my own digital story. I hope to provide some clarification and direction where my student may be struggling and to promote a sense of excitement about the narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment